Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin - Department of Social Sciences


Under certain conditions GeT MA students can also apply for BAföG (Funding by the German government for German and EU citizens). A full course of study as well as internships abroad can be financed through BAföG even if students are not eligible for BAföG in Germany.

The responsible office for BAföG funding in the USA is the Studierendenwerk Hamburg:

Studierendenwerk Hamburg

Postfach 13 01 13
20101 Hamburg

Tel.: +49 40 42815-5107

All information on BAföG can be found on the official BAföG homepage of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. At HU, the Referent*innenrat (RefRat) offers a BAföG and study financing advisory service by students.