Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin - Department of Social Sciences

Personal liability insurance

A Haftpflichtversicherung (liability insurance) covers any expenses that arise e.g. from any traffic accidents you caused as a cyclist or pedestrian or when you accidently damage someone else’s property. There is no liability insurance coverage for students of Humboldt-Universität by the university. Therefore we recommend taking out your own extended personal liability insurance for coverage of any liability risks that could arise due to participation in student teaching and learning, from participation in excursions, internships, advanced trainings and further education – also outside of Germany.

There are numerous of companies which offer personal liability insurances. We recommend checking online websites which offer a comparative perspective to evaluate the tariffs.