Consultation hours with Prof. Silvia von Steinsdorff:
Consultation hours are usually held weekly on Fridays from 14.00, but may vary.
For an appointment during office hours, please contact the secretary's office, Ms. Mispelhorn, via Mail as early as possible: (mispelhc(at)sowi.hu-berlin.de) and tell us in the appointment request what you would like to discuss, so that long waiting times during consultation hours can be avoided. Please also let us know whether you would like to attend the consultation in person or via Zoom. You will receive the dial-in data with the appointment confirmation.
ATTENTION: On 18.2.22 the consultation hour is cancelled.
Please remember that there are no weekly office hours during the semester break. There will be holiday consultation hours, the dates will be announced here.
For the discussion of seminar papers or theses, please send a brief overview (about ½ page) with the following information via email at least two working days in advance to mispelhc (at) sowi.hu-berlin.de:
- with the planned question
- the explanatory approach
- the planned methodology
- and Bibliography.
- I am only taking exams of students who have attended one of my courses and acquired credit points. Examination topics are determined by the focus of the attended course(s).
- Individual registration and the attendance of a pre-meeting to discuss the exam are obligatory.
- Please send a selection of 3-5 possible examination topics at least 2 working days before the exam.
- Please submit a summary with your final examination topics and 5 bibliographical references, each in due time before examination (at least 2 weeks in advance). You can submit it via mail or at the secretary’s office. The exam will be based on your summary, which should include a wider range of research literature than manuals and internet publications.
General Information about examinations at the Department of Social Science: http://www.sowi.hu-berlin.de/studium/pruefungsinfos
Letters of recommendation
Generally I only write letters of recommendation for students who have attended one of my courses and acquired credit points. For capacity reasons I cannot accept further requests. A useful recommendation has to be positive; therefore students graded lower than B should refrain from requesting (this is a general rule).
Usually I issue one letter of recommendation per student and year, if you want to apply for different scholarships/vacancies I will issue a general letter of recommendation.
Please send your material collection in one file, which should include the following information:
- Address of the recipient (if possible the contact person)
- Precise subject
- A draft paragraph of your motivation for the scholarship, internship etc.
- All data from your CV which you would like to include in the letter of recommendation
- CV in tabular form
- Explanatory paragraph concerning the purpose of the letter of recommendation (scholarship, internship, etc.)